Watch the birdie

Inspired by Vicky who has published some of her great photos on her Blog I have selected here a few snaps which I took with my latest camera.

I was quite a distance away in this open-air zoo and used the zoom lens for this photo.
Even further away from this rhino. They say they're short sighted but have a keen sense of smell; and I had just put on my latest after-shave lotion!
This is what happens when you have the camera hanging on your chest by its strap and you accidentally press the button on a pebbly beach.
This is a close-up of some apples from our trees in the garden. 
This is near where I live.
This is a close-up of a painting of the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately the flash kept shining on the glass at the top of the photo. Perhaps Vicky can advise on how to avoid that.