Pregnant = Hungry

Kids, I'm running on empty. For the last few weeks it's been shower, after shower, after shower . . .and it ain't over yet. And although my stamina for high heels is dwindling and I'm running out of dresses I can fit into, there's been a major upside. I'm talking about the sweets people, I've been able to sample lots of sweets. Lots.

There were the chocolate covered-strawberries and bubblegum pink Georgetown Cupcakes at my baby shower (courtesy of BFF 1 and BFF2), the mini cheese-cakes and champagne (cider for me, boo) consumed during a moonlit limo-ride while jamming to Daddy Yanqui, MGMT and Duffy for Erica's bachelorette party, and the adorable tea-and-cake favors we were sent home with after that same gal's bridesmaid-thrown shower at the Tabard Inn. You'd think I'd have had enough by now. You'd be wrong. This past weekend was Erica's second bridal shower thrown by the groom's side of the family. And my stomach was not disappointed.
There were powdered sugar-dusted Lemon Squares. . .
. . .My second dose of Georgetown Cupcake in one week (special ordered in Sunshine and Pastel Pink). . .
. . .pretzels dipped in yumminess. . .
. . .and as if all that wasn't enough, we were sent home with these adorable Wedding Cake Cookies by Beau-coup.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to run. I think the baby's hungry.