Interview with Vic Moubarak

Interviewer: Tell me about yourself.

Vic: There’s very little to tell. I’m an ordinary person … born many years ago in hospital in Maternity Ward A and B.

Int: A and B?

Vic: I was a big baby!

Int: What do you remember of your childhood?

Vic: When I was born I cried a lot, and everyone around me was happy and laughing. I suspect when I get to die those around me would be sad yet I’d be the one happy and laughing … because I’d get to meet Jesus!

Int: And what would you say to Him?

Vic: Wow … that’s a difficult question. I think for once I’d be lost for words … I’d probably have a heart attack at meeting Jesus face to face. Can you have a heart attack if you’re dead?

I suppose if I remember I’d say thank you … if I remember. I’m like those nine lepers … I’d probably forget to say thank you. But that’s what we should say … thank you.

Int: Have you always been a Christian?

Vic: I was brought up a Catholic, and have always been so. I’ve often wondered what if my parents were a different denomination … or a different religion even … or no religion at all! Would I have become a Christian, or a Catholic even? I don’t know … Would I have found Jesus … or would He have found me?

Int: What led you to write your book “Visions”?

Vic: I’ve often wondered what Christians truly believe … Many go to church regularly … but in reality, what do they believe? Do they go just out of habit or do they go because God is there in person through the Eucharist? Do they visit the building or God?

And then I asked myself, what if Jesus appeared to some children here and now. Just like the visions at Lourdes, Fatima and other places many years ago. What if it happened now … how would Christians react? How would other people react?

The book “Visions” puts these questions in a modern context. And I hope it challenges readers to provide their own answers.

Int: Is it selling well?

Vic: I’ve bought a copy!

Int: What message would you like readers to take from the book?

Vic: Primarily, I wish them to re focus on their beliefs and to re affirm to themselves and to God what they truly believe. If one reader does just that, then the book would have been worth it.

Int: Thank you for your time.

Vic: Pleasure. God bless.