The dinner before the dinner

I'm on the prowl for the perfect rehearsal dinner venue for a family wedding in May, which has me thinking of my own wedding rehearsal of course.

Awww. Exactly two years and three days ago. We look so timid even from this angle! And don't get me started on my hair (current progress: shoulder length).

The actual dinner was held for a small group of friends and family in the Concorde Room of the Hay-Adams Hotel.
It was a great night. The Hay-Adams is so beautiful and elegant, and the service and food are amazing. And even though it was a rather formal affair, having everyone at one table kept it intimate.
And my most favorite part (aside from the beautiful flowers by Allan Woods and the fact that dinner was served on our wedding china) was the candlelight. The room was glowing.

If you're looking for a place to hold the dinner before the dinner, check out this list from the Going out Gurus, part of the Post's Wedding Week.