Flower Facts

This is kind of embarrassing since I'm a wedding planner and all, but I'm not exactly a flower expert. Yeah, I said it. Oh don't get me wrong, I love flowers and love picking out different arrangements. But, you know, I don't know flowers. Nope, I leave figuring out what's in season and what's going to cut costs to my favorite floral vendors. Which is why I'm always looking for tools that break it down nice and easy for me like the new Flower Finder at Brides.com. It's a great place to get floral ideas, compare costs and save some bucks by coming up with great substitutes. Here are just a few ideas!

Surprised at how expensive peonies can be?
. . .give carnations a shot.
Have to have hyacinths?

. . .ask your florsit to see some muscari instead.
Image by hansmuller_ar
And if you're just crazy for dahlias. . .
. . .some gerber daisies can do the trick!
All images from InStyle Weddings unless otherwise noted.